Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oye! Have I Got a Boy for YOU!

Lil' Miss's preschool teacher is very thorough. On a dry erase board propped up outside her classroom, she jots down the day's highlights and even some reminders for parents to look over at pick-up time. It's a lifesaver for featherbrains such as myself. Tuesday's board said,
-Practiced Christmas songs
-Read story about baby Jesus
-Painted wreaths
-Don't forget to peek at our work on the art wall today!

At dismissal, all the moms filed into the room to collect our kids and check out their work. The teacher had asked each child the same question and typed up their responses on festive paper. The question was, "If you could give Jesus one gift this Christmas, what would you give Him?" Their answers were precious.

Elysse said, " ... I'd give Him a baby doll for Him to hold."

Charlie said, " ... I'd give Him a shirt to put in His closet."

Leah said, " ... I'd give Him a phone so He could call my mommy."

Lil' Miss said, " ... I'd give Him my friend Sophia so He could have someone to talk to."

Huddled together, all the moms just stood there looking up at the board and smiling until the teacher suddenly piped up, "You know, I did have to tweak Lil' Miss's original answer." She was not looking at me when she announced this, and I was way too afraid and embarrassed to ask what, praytell, my dear child had said. But, lucky for me, one of the other moms was not. "What did she SAY?"

"... I'd give him a woman."

Leave it to Lil' Miss Yenta to make sure that not even the Creator of the Universe was spending the holidays alone. Gotta love that kid!

1 comment:

Datso said...

"...a Bubby in the making!"