Thursday, June 4, 2009

Speakin' My Language

The Lakers are playing tonight which means this evening's conversations with Honk will be about as stimulating as a Will Farrell movie. Here's one that took place five minutes ago:

From the kitchen I yell to Honk who's eating dinner in front of the TV, "How are they (Lakers) doing?"

him: "It's great, Hon! Thanks so much!"

me: "Whaaaat?... No, not the food! The Lakers! What's the SCORE?"

him: "Ohhhh..." (Still no answer to my question.)

me: "So, exactly how much of what I say do you hear when the game's on?"

him: "Not bad. How are you?"

2 comments:

mamaca said...

That wasn't silly at all. Just wait till your my age. The conversations get even funnier.

the Clarksters said...

I'm laughing out loud right now... this is classic! He's going to love this long-term reminder!!! It's a good thing we don't really have that kind of stuff on TV here otherwise I may be sharing similar stories!