Saturday, January 31, 2009

So, Where've You Been?

I haven't been around much lately. In fact, my time here has been dwindling significantly over the last couple of months. At first, I blamed it on the hectic holiday season, but come on now, it's February already. Besides, I wouldn't exactly call not shopping, not cooking, and not going anywhere a "hectic" Christmas.

Then the blame shifted to the kids. They are clearly "anti-blogging". Every time I sit down to do a little tap-tap-tapping on the keyboard, one of them suddenly appears with a Code Red situation for me to handle. Just five minutes ago, Lil' Miss called me into the bathroom to help her clean up a wad of wet toilet paper on the bathroom floor which, by the way, was not wet with water.

Baby Dude prefers a more direct approach to "Operation: Abort Mother's Blogging". While I'm on the computer, he climbs up on my chair, wiggles his way behind me, and hooks his arms around my neck in a choke hold. Shockingly, I don't write very well while being strangled to death. I know, I'm a weak person.

Dude's also adopted a new nighttime persona- Mr. Light Sleeper. And did I mention that his room is right next to the computer? So every time I attempt to bust out a few words, he lets me have it. I can hear him flopping around in his crib and then he starts in with that ridiculous moaning like I was blowing a trumpet in his ear. Such a baby! I told Honk I needed a laptop because I CAN'T GET ANY WRITING DONE IN THIS HOUSE ANYMORE! and he said something about millions of jobs lost, homes in foreclosure and impending financial doom, but yeah honey, we'll get you that laptop.

Truth be told, the absence of blogging probably has a lot to do with the financial crisis. So many unanswered questions about the future. Everything feels uncertain and unknown. I can't think straight! I guess all this stress and fear has really put a crink in my creative hose.

But maybe I should be writing no matter what. Maybe it will remind me that life goes on. I mean, God is always with me anyways, right? Can blogging be a sign of faith?

No comments: