Monday, June 9, 2008

Every Last One of Them

I warned him. I told him if he wanted any he'd just have to take it to work with him or he'd never even see a trace of them when he got home. I definitely gave fair warning but that guy is still going to come home thinking he's getting some. Does he just believe the best in me, think I'm a changed woman? Poor, unfortunate soul...

I do this EVERY time. It's like a tape recording that I could rewind over and over again throughout my life. I can't help myself. Each time I'm convinced it's going to be different, that I'll do better, but it's always the same. One leads to another, and another, and another...

I have a full jar of Halloween candy above the refrigerator and an uneaten carton of ice cream in the freezer, but the container of chocolate chip cookies I baked yesterday is completely vacant. I didn't even give any to the kids! I'm nervously pacing around the house and dragging a guilty tail between my legs, but the honest truth is that if given the opportunity to do it all over again, I know I would. If I think hard enough, I can still taste those chocolaty sweet bits of heaven in my mouth...


2 comments:

Leilen's BFF for this very moment said...

That was worth waiting the weekend for!

Unknown said...

you were totally the cake eater out of the four of us...
loving this lee lee.....
xoxo