Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Serious "Chip" Chat

Today I took the kids to lunch at Chipotle to enjoy one of their delectable burrito bowls. I scooped out a section of burrito for both kids and added a sprinkle of chips on top. About half way through the meal, Lil' Miss looked up at me with an intense, almost troubled expression on her face. "Mom, I need to talk to you about something."
"Uh, you do?" I asked a little nervously.
"Yes. I want to talk to you... about the chips."
"The chips?"
"Yes. The chips."
"Okay, what do you want to talk about?"
"I don't have anymore. I need more chips."

Aye Caramba! All that build up for a few extra chips? What kind of intensity will I be dealing with during the "Mom-I-Need-to-Talk-to-You" conversations of the teenage years? Something tells me we won't be talking about chip refills either...

No comments: