Saturday, September 13, 2008

POWER to the Princess!

I was down on the floor playing a little game I like to call "I'm Gonna Get You!" It's your basic kid-stalking game where I slowly crawl towards them on all fours growling like a rabid dog and they run for the hills, screaming and laughing. The game usually ends with me backing them into some small corner in the house where I tickle the heck out of them. Start to finish, it's wonderful for their gross motor skills.

But then Lil' Miss bolts out of the room and moments later yells, "Mom! You help me?" She was in her room digging in her dress-up chest and flinging princess dresses over her shoulder.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"My power."

"Your WHAT?

"My POW-ER. You know. It's white and yellow?"

I have no idea what she's talking about, but just then she finds it. She's smiling and holding her Snow White cape. "Here it is! My POWER will help me protect Baby Dude when you try to 'get' him."

My dear girl has summoned the universe's two greatest powers- princess AND superhero- to protect the little brother she loves. My heart is overflowing with motherly pride.


2 comments:

Leilen's BFF for this very moment said...

Lil' Miss is too much! I think that I may need to be-dazzle her "power"...then she could find it from below the ruffles & lace. :)

mamaca said...

We must be careful not to underestimate her could-be super powers. She might be the 1st woman president. Im getting on he good side now!